Exploring Algebra 1 with Fathom
by Eric Kamischke, Larry Copes, and Ross Isenegger
Exploring Algebra 1 with Fathom takes students through a visual learning experience that covers everything from linear to exponential functions
Dig into Algebra with Fathom Investigations
48 blackline master activities help students investigate patterns in mathematical relationships and real-world data.
- Working with graphs and lines of fit, students deepen their understanding of slope.
- Using sliders for parameters, students visualize and better understand families of linear, quadratic, and exponential functions.
- Creating simulations, students expand their understanding of probability.
- Building models for patterns in data, students appreciate the questions that algebra can help them answer.
Students build on pre-algebra topics, such as proportions and describing data, before exploring linear equations and exponential equations, solving inequalities and systems, transforming functions, investigating higher-degree polynomials, and simulating probability.
- Blackline activity masters organized by topic for easy matching with your curriculum
- Extensive teacher’s notes
- Suggestions for homework and assessments
- Detailed answers
- Downloadable data sets, demonstration plots, and additional resources
If you’ve already purchased Exploring Algebra 1 with Fathom, download the accompanying Fathom files.